Thursday, November 19, 2009

Finally....Retrieval

So after much anticipation I went back to the doctor this morning to see how things have progressed over the last couple of days. Got my estradiol level drawn and another ultrasound and the nurse would call me in the afternoon with results. I was waiting and waiting and waiting and finally at 4:00 today I got the call. The doc said it was time I am ready to go. I have never been more happy to hear that I will be having surgery in all my life. I was so excited I couldn't even stand it. I of course texted everyone I know to keep them updated that my sugery will be on Saturday. I will be so happy to get these stinkin eggs out of here you don't even understand. I am horribly bloated and am in a world of pain. I can't sleep at night, I am nauseous I am guessing this is what it feels like when you are prego, so I am just getting some practice hopefully. My levels were over 4,000 holy cow, that would explain the unnecessary amount of crying lately that has been driving my poor husband absolutely insane I think, but he is being a trooper.

So I go back to the doc tomorrow for my pre-op appointment and will be heading to Indy bright and early Saturday morning for the retrieval. Please pray this goes well and they get a lot of mature eggs that fertilize. Just think in about 6 days I could have 2-5 day old fetus's growing inside of me. Not trying to get to excited about that, but I just can't help it!

1 comment: